Thursday, February 16, 2012

Nga Wa Hauora O Te Tau




Thursday 9th February, Tangata Whaiora were invited to attend a bone and wood carving workshop with facilitator Sean Murray.  Sean spoke to whaiora about Maori design and then took them through a process of drawing what they intended to carve.  Postivie feedback was received about the workshop.  Comments ranged from “I can go at my own pace and create ideas in personal whakapapa design work” and “I cannot believe I can actually tell a story in my design”.  The day was enjoyed by all who participated and we definitely look forward to seeing some completed pieces of work.

Kathy Tapsell
Kaiwhakahaere 


1 comment:

  1. Your posting really appreciated. You’ve said it all beautifully. Thanks for sharing value able information. We are also provided SOCIAL services.

    Volunteer Travel
    Apartment Maintenance

    ReplyDelete